GENERAL ELIGIBILITY to apply:
Company Eligibility To Be Nominated:
The Company Eligibility guideline describes the criteria and attributes for company eligibility to submit their entry nomination for the competition. The companies which are eligible to nominate their ICT applications and products must meet the following criteria:
- The company must be registered in Bangladesh.
- The company can be a 100% local company, or A joint venture between a local company and a foreign company. Local shareholders must own at least 51% of the total shares.
Entry Eligibility To Be Nominated
The product or application for entry nomination must meet the following criteria:
- The Intellectual Property Right for the product or application must be owned by the company, or its Intellectual Property Right is owned by the offshore parent of the local company where the majority owner shareholding is the local company.
- At least 51% of the development efforts, including research and development and design, must have been undertaken within Bangladesh.
- Except for entries to the STUDENTS’ PROJECT Category, all entries MUST enter in one of the 5 Head Categories relevant to the application, product, project or service offered by the entry.
- Entries to the Head Categories are open to all organizations (which include companies and academic institutions). For example, a postgraduate/research team of a university, or even a perceivably and exceptionally innovative project by a university undergraduate team, can enter its project/product as an entry to one of the 5 Head Categories, and such entry if relevant and eligible, also be optionally nominated to one of Cross Categories, and/or optionally be nominated to one of the 4 Technology Categories.
- An entry is allowed to be nominated to only ONE Head Category.
- CROSS-CATEGORY AWARDS
– If eligible, an entry to the Head Categories is optionally allowed to enter in ONE of the Cross-Category awards of RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECT OF THE YEAR or START-UP OF THE YEAR (for the organization which develops the application or product or service of the nominated entry)
– Participants will ensure eligibility of the entry before nomination.
- TECHNOLOGY AWARDS
- If the technology deployed in an entry to a Head Category is believed to be exceptionally innovative, such an entry, where relevant, is optionally allowed to be nominated for ONE of the following Technology Awards:
- BIG DATA ANALYTICS TECHNOLOGY OF THE YEAR
- INTERNET OF THINGS TECHNOLOGY AWARD OF THE YEAR
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TECHNOLOGY OF THE YEAR
- BLOCK CHAIN TECHNOLOGY OF THE YEAR
Few More Guideline
- Maximum 5 members are allowed in a team.
- Additionally, for the Students’ Project an Observer (the project mentor or supervisor) is allowed in the team.
- Note: The observer can attend in Judging Session after taking approval from the Chief Judge. An observer, if allowed to be present, should strictly just observe, and not participate in any way throughout the judging process.
- Please READ the Category Details before applying at the competition.
English is the mandatory language to be used for both Judges and Nominees during the judging process (as per APICTA Judging Rules). Photographing, Video and Tape Recording during the Judging Process Absolutely no pictures (photo taking), video or audio taping by entry’s representatives is allowed during the judging sessions.
An Example- Case Study
A STARTUP has built a Business Services AI application.
- They would select Business Services as the Head Category then select Start Up as Cross Category then Artificial Intelligence as the Technology category.
- Depending on the number of nominations, the judge or coordinator would then approve the nomination for the Cross category and or Technology Categories.
- They may opt to have them for just 1 or both categories. It is important information for all that this is not automatic and is subject to management team approval.
- The nominee would then prepare separate presentations for each category.